My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Upcoming Classes



DECORATIVE PAPER
Robert Blackburn Printmaking Workshop
http://www.efanyc.org/decorative-paper/

This workshop will introduce two different techniques to create your own decorative paper, Suminagashi and Paste Paper. We will investigate these ancient techniques to find modern applications, experimenting and transforming your reject prints into new ideas, as well as combining these mediums with your artwork. Bring prints and drawings to work with.



February 13
Saturday, 10:30 am - 4 pm
Class Fee: $120 members / $160 non-members
*Includes 6 hours of free studio time good for 4 weeks

To register, please contact RBPMW at rbpmw@efanyc.org or 646.416.6226.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Good job Yoyo!

    - Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yasuyo taught bookbinding course for artist in Lithuania in 2008 at Vilunius Graphic Art Center.
    She was very open to share the technics she has been developing, her workshop was very useful for my own artwork!
    She also gave a lecture called "A world in Books", with overview of world history of book.
    It was very interesting to see her slides from book made out of Papirus to Leather to Paper, to her own works.

    chika
    It was very special to touch the real book examples also. I hope to take her class again!

    ReplyDelete