My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Saturday, February 20, 2010

BOOK AS ART
Robert Blackburn Printmaking Workshop
http://www.efanyc.org/books-as-art-03-02-10/



This workshop is designed to help artists understand various approaches to book making. A history of books will be shown through samples and students will learn basic, traditional bookbinding methods. Several types of books will be introduced including: Pamphlet, Accordion, Asian bound and Coptic bound. There will be discussions about how to bring together book structures with content in your artworks. Students are encouraged to bring their current book projects or a collection of prints they wish to turn into a book.



March 2 - April 6
6 sessions: Tuesdays, 6:30 pm-9:30 pm
Class Fee: $360 members $400 non-members
*Includes 18 hours of free studio time good for 4 weeks!

To register, please contact RBPMW at rbpmw@efanyc.org or 646.416.6226

No comments:

Post a Comment