My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lunchtime lecture : " Books as Art"

March 11th 12:15 pm National Academy 5 East 89th St. NYC 10128 Tel 212-996-1908


The beauty of books is their versatility and meaning. When you think about books as an art medium, your creative possibilities will expand in many directions. Ms.Tanaka will speak about her upcoming class “Books as Art ”.

http://activenet12.active.com/nationalacademyschool/

As an artist, Yasuyo Tanaka finds bookbinding to be useful for developing her creative process and expanding her ideas. She enjoys sharing her experience and knowledge with others. During this lecture she will explain the scope of her class, answer questions, and show some mockup books and examples of her works. Demonstration and hands-on experience will be a part of this lecture event.





Participant's works of my workshop is shown in the glass cabinet right inside the front
door of the Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment