My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Thursday, September 30, 2010

“ Transformation – Questioning myself “


My first Japanese show “ Transformation – Questioning myself “ will take place in Gallery in the Blue in Utsunomiya city, from October 21st through October 30th, 2010.

Exhibition Details
Show runs from Thurs. 10/21 – Sat. 10/30 10 AM – 6 PM
Closes at 5 PM on Sat 10/30.

Opening party Sat. 10/23 at 5 PM

I will exhibit some of my past and present prints and artist books, all of which were made in New York City. These works show how I have been transformed by living in a foreign country and my search for my identity as a human being. During the run of this show there will be a hands-on workshop and an artist talk. Also, I have invited another Japanese artist Yasufumi Takahashi who has lived in a foreign country and returned to his hometown. I will be at Gallery in the Blue during most hours of this 10 day show. I hope to see you there!

Workshop

Create your own decorative paper Sat. 10/23 1:30 – 4:30 PM
Introducing two different ways to create your own decorative paper. One, called Suminagashi, is a Japanese marbling technique. The other, called paste paper was first used in Europe. Using these ancient methods you will find unlimited ideas from simple preparations and basic techniques.

Making your own Portfolio Sun. 10/24 1:30 – 4:30 PM
You will make a standard style of portfolio and explore various directions for making your own customized portfolios that fit your needs. This workshop will show basic ideas and techniques for making books. It will be a very good introduction and practice for beginners.

Artist Talk Sat. 10/30 1:30-3 PM
Living and Creating in A Foreign Country
Yasuyo Tanak and Gust Artist Yasufumi Takahashi

Place Gallery in the Blue : Akane building 1F Higashi Syukugo 3-1-9
Utsunomiyashi Tochigi Prefecture
( From JR Utsunomiya station 5 minute walk)
Tel 028 635 5832


Workshop Schedule November in New York City

Center for Book Arts :

11/6, 7 Collagraph 10:00 am - 4:00 pm

Robert Blackburn Printmaking Workshop :
http://www.efanyc.org/rbpmw-classes/

11/13 Decorative Paper 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
11/14 Japanese Bookbinding 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
11/20, 21 Collagraph 2 10:30 am - 2:30 pm

2 comments:

  1. As a bookbinder I wish you all the success possible.

    Drop over and see us anytime.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for late reply. Thank you very much for nice comment.
    I would love to see you one day and talk about book!

    ReplyDelete