My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Monday, August 27, 2012

Interpreting Rituals: The Butterfly Effect at Locating the Sacred Festival

  “all things are linked 911”
  Embossed paper, Folded-papers   24”x36”   2011
An outline map represents our earth. In the beginning, Earth had no national borders. Folded-paper cranes are symbols of peace and hope.  I have made paper cranes in the world map and placed folded-paper cranes at the positions where the United States has dropped bombs. The United States is a country of immigrants. The families of American citizens are 
all over the world.

I am happy to announce that my work will be featured in exhibition, part of the Asian American Arts Alliance's citywide Locating the Sacred Festival : http://aaartsalliance.org/

The Exhibition will be from September 8 to September 23

Exhibition Preview :  New York Art Residency & Studios Foundation Open house
September 8 Saturday–9 Sunday  from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm

September 10 Monday to September 23 Sunday

Gallery Hours: Monday-Friday: from 1 pm - to 5 pm
or to make an appointment, please call 718-768-2765


Exhibition Reception on Saturday, September 15,  from 1 pm to 6pm
1:30 pm    Clay workshop for children and families
3pm          Meditation session
4pm          Artist Talk

More info : http://locatingthesacred.org/interpreting-rituals-the-butterfly-effect/

New York Art Residency & Studios (NARS) Foundation
88 35th Street, 3rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11232
www.narsfoundation.org

Hope to see there!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Yasuyo san! This is Ryoko Sakai!
    I really enjoyed your presentation, and it inspired me a lot!
    I would like to know your email, and connect with you, so can you please send me an email???
    I will be in NY for a while, please keep in touch!!
    Sincerely,
    Ryoko Sakai
    こんにちは、やすよさん!今日は本当にすごく最高に心に響く時間を過ごさせていただいて、ありがとうございました!メール待ってます!そして、これからも作品や経験のおはなし、たのしみにしています!私もおもいっきりやります!酒井涼子

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ryoko san
      Your comment encourage me a lot!
      My solo show will start this week in Tokyo.Thank you very much!
      Yasuyo Tanaka

      涼子さん、今日コメントを見てとても勇気づけられました。ありがとう。今週から、東京の個展が始まります。がんばります。
      田中康予

      Delete