My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

from key to key



“Everybody is born with a key for finding purpose in their life.” Based on my concept, I collected discarded keys to make 365 etching plates of different keys and backgrounds. These 365 key plates imply our birthdays and daily lives. When we notice the presence of invisible keys in our mind, our true life begins

It is already mid September. In New York, the beautiful blue sky and refreshing winds bring autumn. Last week, Eastern Japan was hit by record-breaking rain which seriously disrupted many lives. A month ago, Japan reopened a nuclear power plant. I felt this rain was a warning from nature. I am thinking about the distances between my reality and the realities of countless others in the world. 

I am happy to announce Hills Learning's grand opening which is exhibiting 15 of my prints under the title "from key to key".
I will present an artist talk during the reception.

Grand Opening at Hills Learning's new location.
Exhibition "from key to key" with artist talk by Yasuyo Tanaka

315 Madison Ave on 42nd St, Suite 900 New York  NY 10017

Friday, September 25th, 4:30 - 8 pm

Phone: 212-784-0694

Hills Learning, which offers Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Cantonese, Thai and English language classes, moved to a new location. They will have a welcoming reception to celebrate the grand opening of their new location.

The reception is a potluck party. Visitors are encouraged to bring any Japanese, Korean, Chinese, or Thai foods that they are interested in sharing. Hills Learning will also provide light refreshments. It is open to the public but you must be at least 21 years or older to attend. 

Hope to see you there!
Yasuyo Tanaka

No comments:

Post a Comment