My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Exhibition


peace4ever lest we forget the longest days of 1945

July 30 – August 19, 2010

At The International Center in New York http://www.intlcenter.org/

Opening Reception: Friday, August 6, from 6-8 PM,

with a special music performance by composer William Paul Delp

In peace4ever: lest we forget the longest days of 1945, five Japanese artist present images of peace and harmony through various media. It has been 65 years since the atomic bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. As people around the world remember the 214,000 lives that were lost in an instant, it is the artists’ hope that human beings will never take up arms against one another again and never, for the sake of our children, repeat the tragic events of August 6 and August 9, 1945. This exhibition features works by Yuko Ichikawa, Mitsuyo Mori, Yasuyo Tanaka, Hisayasu Takashito, and Rena Masuyama, and is coordinated by Kazuko Ucida.


No comments:

Post a Comment