My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Letter to the A-Bomb dome

Words for Peace for Hiroshima : Deadline September 11th
The NHK Hiroshima Branch and Hiroshima Prefectural Art Museum have joined hands to implement a special call for people to send their peace messages to the Hiroshima Peace Memorial in conjunction with the forthcoming From Hiroshima to Hiroshima – The Town Seen from the Dome exhibition, which has been organized to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. Viewers are being invited to send in heart-felt messages on a postcard bearing the word "Peace". All postcards will first be delivered to a temporary mailbox set up for 65 days on the northern side of the A-Bomb Dome. They will then be displayed at the special exhibition in the Hiroshima Prefectural Art Museum. The messages will also be posted on the NHK Hiroshima Branch website.

No comments:

Post a Comment