My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Prints 2013 Winter


My piece, All things are linked 311, has been selected by the International Print Center's jury for New Prints 2013/Winter.
The show will run from January 18 - March 9, 2013.  The opening reception will be held on Thursday, January 17, from 6 to 8pm.
International Print Center New York508 West 26th Street, Room 5A, New York, NY 10001   (212) 989-5090   contact@ipcny.org

New Prints 2013/Winter will travel to Art League Houston in Texas where it will be on view from June 21 to August 2, 2013.

"all things are linked 311" was created as a sequel to my "all things are linked 911". The white embossed Japanese map shows a world without borders. The folded-paper cranes were made out of parts of a world map that was dyed pink. The cranes were placed where nuclear power stations are and where the United States dropped atomic bombs. The symbolic images and the factual records evoke a relationship. In my work I try to make the invisible visible by stimulating imagination and memory, in order to stare at the nature of problems.

I will be the opening. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment