My desire to create art comes from my search for the meaning of our existence. I use my artwork as a key to understand others and myself. The most precious thing in my life is the growth process. Art is my guide and mentor....

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Solo Exhibition in the Netherlands


Exhibition “Link”  May 24 - June 21 Saturday 
at  Galerie Ietsmooisaandemuur.nl 
Since the 2011 Fukushima nuclear accident, nuclear issues have become my important theme, partly because my family was directly affected by the disaster.When you think about the environmental issues, the nuclear issue has a symbolic meaning. Radioactivity has no borders. From Fukushima to Borssele, we are all linked. I would like to explore connections in our lives, with each other, with the environment, with time, and with the Earth while exchanging information with people in the Netherlands. I will link my exhibition, workshops, and performance to build up our mutual understanding.

Artist Talk and Opening Reception  May 24 Saturday 3 pm 
I will talk about the theme of “Link”: how we are all linked to the issues of our local community, our country, and the world.  
Report on the recent workshop “Invisible visible” at Gettysburg College and Vida Charter School in the United States. Gust speaker; Kaoru Miyazawa, Assistant Professor of Education in Gettysburg College.

“Invisible visible” Workshop  June 6 Friday 1 pm - 4 pm 
In the same year of the Great East Japan Earthquake, my project “In search of the meaning of our lives” was held in order to interact with Palestinians and Lebanese at Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon. My interest in borders and environmental issues gave me an idea to start projects on the theme of media literacy. As a chance to break peoples’ stereotypes and prejudices, I will hold “Invisible visible” workshops to create eggs of information. Participants bring newspaper articles on a topic of their interest, and make big paper maché eggs covered with their articles. The most important part of the workshop is the conversation about what they read in their newspapers during the hands-on work with other participants.The egg form objects will be installed at the exhibition and also at the performance.

It will  also hold on June 7 Saturday 2 pm - 4 pm at Artots 
Guldenvliesstraat 4H
5211 AM 's-Hertogenbosch

The Ghosts of Jeju By Regis Tremblay  June 14 Saturday 4 pm
Best Expose Documentary in the Peace on Earth Film Festival 2014. 
Director Regis Tremblay will talk and Q&A with audience by Skype after the screening.
"The Ghosts of Jeju" will be premiere screening in the Netherlands.
"all things are linked"  Performance   June 21 Saturday 4pm
"all things are linked" will be a collaboration performance piece with local people in the Netherlands. During her exhibition, there will be “Invisible visible” workshops in the Netherlands. This performance piece will be constructed by linking the nuclear problem in Japan and the environmental issues which will become visible through the workshops in the Netherlands. This project will be established all over the world.





No comments:

Post a Comment